Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

The World Day of Russian Language 06.06.2013

Yesterday was The World Day of Russian Language!


The 6th of June is The World Day of Russian language. It held at birthday of famous Russian poet and writer Alexander Pushkin. At this day a lot of different cultural and literature events held on all territory of Russia and Ukraine.


You may know one of the most popular poem of A. Pushkin:
                     

       ***
Я вас любил: любовь еще, быть может,

В душе моей угасла не совсем;
Но пусть она вас больше не тревожит;
Я не хочу печалить вас ничем.
Я вас любил безмолвно, безнадежно,
То робостью, то ревностью томим
;Я вас любил так искренно, так нежно,
Как дай вам бог любимой быть другим.
                                                               1829
                

         ***
I loved you; even now I may confess,
Some embers of my love their fire retain;
But do not let it cause you more distress,
I do not want to sadden you again.
Hopeless and tongue-tied, yet I loved you dearly
With pangs the jealous and the timid know;
So tenderly I loved you, so sincerely,
I pray God grant another love you so.
                                     Translated by Katharena Eiermann

No comments:

Post a Comment